Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Thing 7: Google Keep

I like lists.  A lot.  On my own personal device I've got lists for weekly dinners, names of Noah's friend's parents, gift ideas for myself and others.  I have a great grocery list app, a great journaling app that works as a list.  Lists, lists, lists.  I love lists!

I thought I'd really love Google Keep, but I'm not sure I do.  Yet.  I did the work for Thing 7 through my Adventures email.  I've got a phone dedicated to Adventures, so it seemed like a no-brainer.  But I'm pretty sure I set up something incorrectly because my first reminder didn't come through!  I'll have to go back into Keep on the computer and the app I downloaded to see what I did incorrectly.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if it's something I'd use or not.  I make a lot of "Sticky Notes" on my desktop, and at first I thought Keep could take the place of that.  But now I'm not so sure.  I like that the sticky notes are right in my face every time I open up my laptop.  I'd have to go through steps to get to Google Keep, and I'm not sure I'm disciplined enough to do that (too much honesty?).  Maybe if I get everything to sync up correctly I'll change my mind, but for right now I'm a sticky note fan.

1 comment:

  1. I use sticky notes a lot too not just because they are in my face though, but because I like to crumble them up and throw them away when I have officially completed a task! Not very environmentally friendly :( I also prefer the notes app on my phone. It's always with me so I always have access to the notes. I'm going to keep giving Keep a try though and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete