Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Thing 12: ICE

Completing the Dotstorming Board triggered my memory: I have been to an ICE sponsored event before!  Last year, Kim and I attended an event at GBS that was all about design thinking.  It gave us really great ideas for our classrooms.  Encouraged by the discussion of the day, neither of us used desks last year.  We opted for tables.  Kim also tried out multiple surfaces being covered with whiteboard.  It was a really great experience to be in a room with so many educators from all over the area!

When I checked out the ICE conference materials, I came across this:

Providing an Authentic Audience

I have really been thinking a lot this summer about how to get the kids writing for authentic audiences.  I have found over the last few years that when they are writing for someone other than me, they push themselves to do much better work, and the process doesn't feel like so much of a chore.  This was a really nice slideshow to have ideas for authentic audiences with a technology twist. It made me wish I had been at that session!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you found about authentic audience. I agree with you that students approach writing differently depending on who is reading it. That is what learning 2.0 is all about - collaboration and communication. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete