Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Thing 16: Haiku Deck

I'm a really big fan of slide shows, so I thought I'd love this app. Alas, I did not. I used it to create a haiku deck on plagiarism:

http://www.haikudeck.com/p/cdc53d7e96

I don't mind how it turned out, but I wish it could do more. I wanted to add video, use multiple pictures on one slide, manipulate the positioning of words...  So much more! I think I am spoiled by Google Slides and other slide show type apps and the such. This just didn't do it for me, and I think most of my sixth graders would just find it frustrating to use because of the limitations on their own manipulation of each slide. 

I'm curious, however, if teachers of younger grades thought this might be helpful? Maybe it would be good as an introductory slide show app?

3 comments:

  1. Love your Michelle/Melania slide. Very authentic example.

    True, there are limits to Haiku Deck. When I feel I need to do more, I'll take a screenshot of a Haiku Deck slide and insert it as an image in a Google presentation. That let's me have the visual appeal of Haiku, but functionality of Google= App Smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the limits you mentioned with haiku decks, but I like the suggestion of using some of the visual appeal from a haiku deck slide in a Google Slides presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with the limits you mentioned with haiku decks, but I like the suggestion of using some of the visual appeal from a haiku deck slide in a Google Slides presentation.

    ReplyDelete