Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thing 11: Google Hangouts

I was part of a hangout today!  Click here to see quotes from it.  Let me tell you how it all began...

I was on Twitter (my daily commitment to one tweet and all), and I saw a post from @innovates_ed about a live conversation with the topic of primary sources being used in PBL.  I clicked on the link and learned that the hangout would go live in less than 15 minutes.  I saw the "chatroll" to the left of the hangout, logged in and waited.

I was not disappointed!  The conversation was so interesting and the resources that were offered were inspiring!  I live chatted with the speakers and other listeners.


And I even tweeted with the hashtags they said to use!


The hangout lasted an hour, and since I wasn't actually a part of it in the video sense, I could also moderate the water balloon fight my son was having outside.  It was a great experience for my first hangout.  I would totally participate in this capacity again!  I decided to follow @innovates_edu so that I can see when more of these types of conversations will happen.

One of the greatest links that was shared was http://letters2president.org/.  I've got so many ideas for how we're going to get the kids involved with this campaign, and I'd love to hear if/how others will get involved too!

3 comments:

  1. That is great that your 1st hangout was a great success...how cool that you kind of 'fell' into it while on Twitter. It's crazy how different social media outlets can overlap. I will definitely follow @innovates_edu to see about getting into some of these conversations. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that your 1st hangout was a great success...how cool that you kind of 'fell' into it while on Twitter. It's crazy how different social media outlets can overlap. I will definitely follow @innovates_edu to see about getting into some of these conversations. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bonus to land on a live hangout. Glad you found good peeps. Looking forward to seeing the http://letters2president.org/ project unfold. Please, keep me updated.

    ReplyDelete