Friday, July 15, 2016

Thing 15: Book Creator

I've been a fan of Book Creator for awhile now.  Last year I used it to help me differentiate materials for my kids.  I'd make books for notes that could be uploaded to Notability with pages that looked like this:



and this for modification:


I liked using Book Creator for this because it allowed me to make the notes look the way I wanted. Once they were uploaded into Schoology for the kids to upload into Notability, I could assign them to certain kids.  When they downloaded them, they all looked similar enough that no one really blinked twice at the modifications that had happened.

As the year went on I got better and better at these books (though I found myself preferring to use Notability when it was for notes)!  Later I made one for a geography test that had maps on the different pages.  Once the kids got it from Schoology, they could put it into Notability and manipulate it any way they chose.

The kids loved using the app as a tool for making products.  For any type of notetaking, they preferred to use Notability.  They loved being able to import photos and videos to show their learning.  We'll definitely use it with them again next year!

4 comments:

  1. Clever use of book creator for templates. Hadn't thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great way to differentiate and make sure that all students in the classroom get the notes they need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of the app!

    ReplyDelete