Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Things 19-22: Prezi, Voki, Animoto and PowToons

My Every Monday Matters Prezi

  • Every Monday last year, we took the whole block to focus on helping others.  Some really great research and projects came out of this endeavor, so we're continuing it next year.  This is my Prezi introduction that I'd like to use.

My Iowa Voki

  • There's nothing better than being from Iowa!  I'm a proud Hawkeye, and I was so excited to see the corn cob!

My Democracy Animoto

  • With this being an election year, I'm hoping to inspire kids to get involved in the democratic process.  We'll study it from a historical perspective (as it all came to be in ancient Greece!). This Animoto will be a launch item for the discussion.

My Narrative PowToon

  • My favorite narrative I do with the kids is the scary/mystery/horror story.  I'll use this to help launch us into thinking about these narratives.
I enjoyed each of these to differing degrees and felt differing levels of success with each.  Prezis really do look amazing.  I could see those being very engaging for kids.  I've already started one for Go To School Night as well!  I'm not sure about the Voki.  I'll have to play around with it more.  I could see my kids who hate to present being really into it though.  Animoto really looks awesome.  I couldn't figure out how to simply add photos directly from my drive account, so I couldn't use any real photos without it being a hassle.  If anyone has that figured out, let me know.  I think kids will like telling visual stories with it.  Though I appreciate the PowTooon I made, it honestly took me two hours to create.  I'd love to set the kids on this one because I'm sure they'd figure out all kinds of cool tricks and shortcuts that would make my next PowToon take much less time.

2 comments:

  1. My powtoon took forever to make too. You're right the kids could probably do it much quicker. I used my computer to make it. I'm wondering what it's like for the kids on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of using Animoto with the upcoming election. At Greeley we do a mascot election every 4 years - and I could see my students making Animoto presentations to help promote their animal candidate as our next Greeley mascot.

    ReplyDelete