Friday, August 12, 2016

Thing 34: Breakout EDU

I would really like to use something like this on a regular basis in my classroom, and I can't wait to see it in action!

The game I thought would be great for the first week would be: Teamwork.  I think the kids would get into it, and it would give them a chance to work together.  It would also be a really great thing to observe.  Who takes charge?  Who sits back?  Who gives up?  Who perseveres?  I could see this being a great way to get intel on the kids!

My game idea would be to create something that has to do with geography (the first unit I teach in social studies).  Here is a link to the very first drafts of ideas that I've gotten started on: Country X.  I will probably finish this game!  Does anyone know if we've got the funds to purchase any of the items from the website?

3 comments:

  1. I've got a breakoutEDU kit you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your idea about a new land mass. I think your students would be very excited to do this activity. Since Maureen has a kit, I wonder if this is something we could use for institute days or staff meetings. It sounds like a fun way to learn for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using this in the beginning of the year for team building. It's always very telling to see what role students take in those experiences in the beginning of the year!

    ReplyDelete